Monday 7 January 2019

Third Chapter: The Dusk

     As one chapter closes, another one opens. This time, I’d like to take you on my journey on a roadtrip, where we will travel far and deep in to a different world. Riding our vehicles, we will conquer the world. Come with me, as we take a peek on the third chapter of my story.

     As I go down the path and start my journey, I gain a lot of lessons. In the field of ICT, I learned to design a web page. It gave me the opportunity to develop my creativity. I definitely had a lot of fun doing so. But this Grading Period had a few hindrances.

     I easily get distracted. This is one of the challenges I needed to overcome. I get a notification, and my eyes turn to my phone. I see a dog, and my heart beats, telling me to go pet it. I easily got distracted, but I needed to focus. And because I easily lose focus, I wasted a few hours of the day surfing the internet instead of doing the tasks. My time went to watching Youtube videos instead of writing some notes. It was quite unproductive. But I needed to accomplish my requirements.

     I had to do what I had to do. I set aside my phone and pulled out my notebook and pen in front of me. It took me a while, and I got tired in the middle of doing my activities. I wanted to stop what I started. This roadtrip is very tiring. But it taught me that it is okay to take a break from time to time because I can get tired. It is okay to pause, but I shouldn’t stop. It is exhausting, and I also need to rest and take care of myself. It pushed me to finish my travel.

     I was so scared that it would start to get dark outside, so I wanted to be as fast as I could. The thought of traveling down a street in the middle of the night made me scared. So I wanted to appreciate the views on daylight, when I can get a full view of the sceneries. I wanted to drive as fast as possible, but I remembered that there is a speed limit. That made me ponder. How will I be able to appreciate the views when I’m going too fast? How will I be able to look at the beauty if I am scared? This taught me to always take my time.

     I didn’t finish my journey until dusk, and as I was driving back home, my eyes were blessed to see the beauty of sunsets. I never really thought that entering the darkness was this fascinating. And I am glad that I am witness of this gorgeousness.


    I drove home safely without traveling faster than the speed limit. This day was both exhausting and exciting, but as much as I didn’t want it to end, it had to. Thank you for traveling with me. I am looking forward to more fun activities in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will learn more about the field of ICT this coming grading Joachim!

    ReplyDelete