Saturday 9 February 2019

Something to Everything

“Hey, how did you get the answer?”
“Why is the result like that?”
“Can you help me with this one?”
“It’s too difficult!”
“I hate Math!”
“I’m wouldn’t use this in the real world, anyway.”

     I oftentimes hear these questions and statements, and it sound like sadness. It pains me to witness people struggling when it comes to Mathematics. It pains me others get fristrated, do not enjoy, and extremely hate Math. And I want to change their perspective. I want other people to enjoy Math, and see the beauty of it. But how? What is my first step?

     After Junior High School, I plan on taking STEM for Senior High School. After which, I shall take up BS in Mathematics. Hopefully, I will be able to teach and show other people how gorgeous Mathematics is- there are points, graphs, the patterns all around us. Basically, Mathematics is everywhere- from checking your time, to cooking a certain recipe, to even counting money. Math is surely beautiful and fun, and I want to able to change the mindset that Math is “boring and hard”. And that change starts with me.

     I know that I can’t do and change everything, but I know that I can do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment